Electric Fireplace Insert Reviews for 2013
Looking for an electric fireplace insert? You’ve come to the right place. We recently released our best electric fireplace insert reviews for 2013. But before we introduce our top 3 choices, here’s some of the criteria we use in order to determine what units make it to our top 3:
1. Retailers: We only review products from big brands, so you can be assured of solid return processes, shipping and secure checkouts.. Thus for this year we only reviewed electric fireplace inserts from Amazon, Lowes, Costco and Home Depot . 2. Customer Reviews: One of the best ways we help determine if an electric fireplace insert deserves to be in our annual top 3 is what the customers are saying about it. In order for a unit to make it to our top 3, it must receive a 4+ stars out of 5 on average or we wont even test it.
3. Price and Value: We don’t want to pay more than is necessary, and neither should you. We search through some of the major online retailers such as NexTag, Shopzilla, and Amazon to find the best prices and sales on our top 3 electric fireplace units.
4. Quality and Features: Without question, a quality check is mandatory for all products that reach our annual top 3. We choose units only from the leading brands known for making outstanding electric fireplace units. Additional features are also taken into consideration. Any feature that increases the ease of use and versatility are also benefits in our eyes.
So without further ado, here are our top 3 electric fireplace inserts for fall/winter 2013:
Electric Fireplace Insert Reviews for 2013 – Third Place:
Dimplex DF3003 30″ Electric Fireplace Insert Dimplex invented the modern electric fireplace and continues to lead the way with exclusive technologies that dazzle the eye and seduce the senses, not to mention they throw off a lot heat in an efficient manner.
We love how realistic the flames look and how well this unit heats up a room, many customer reviews we saw confirmed out results. One couple even has this electric fireplace insert installed in their motor home, which just goes to show you how versatile this product really is. This model does not feature the characteristic “crackling fire” sound that other models do, which some people prefer. Out of everyone who reviewed this product online, no one gave it lower than a 4-star rating (out of 5 stars).
The value of this product is a bit higher because it is a larger unit–31 inches to be exact. But we were able to find this product on sale over 25 percent off the original price as of April 26, 2013 on Amazon.com, which is a great deal!
This Fireplace Insert also has a ton of features:
- Patented Dimplex Flame technology: the flame looks extremely realistic
- Safe-to-touch glass: the glass in front remains cool to touch, making it safe for pets and children
- Flame with or without heat options
- On/Off Remote Control: allows all adjustments to be made at your fingertips
Specifications: Product Dimensions: 31 x 12 x 25.5 inches ; 50 pounds; Shipping Weight: 56.6 pounds
Electric Fireplace Insert Reviews for 2013– Second Place:
Duraflame electric fireplace insert with heater:
This open flame electric log insert is a great overall insert that has tons of versatility and for the price makes it our second best fireplace insert for this model year
Our testers and customers both adore this electric fireplace insert. 87% of all of teh customers who provided an electric fireplace insert review for this product gave it a 4-star rating or higher (out of 5 stars).
Some of the reasons we love it, is you can use it to easily convert an older wood or masonary fireplace into an electric fireplace. You can also use it on any floor surface giving instant class and warmth to any room.
Customers also love how realistic the sound and look of the logs and flame are. Despite it’s small size, it can heat up a small room just as well as any other electric fireplace insert. Setup is super easy–one customer said it literally took them 30 minutes!
Though this is a great product, we feel like the average price (around $200.00) was a bit much, but Amazon and Home Depot offered the best prices we found. So if you want one, start there.
Here are the summary features of the electric fireplace insert with log set:
- Easy installation: Plugs into any standard outlet
- Heat options: can operate flames with or without heat
- Powerful: Supplemental heat for up to 400 sq. ft.
Specifications: Product Dimensions: 8.7 x 20.5 x 12 inches ; 18 pounds; Shipping Weight: 18 pounds; 1350 watts/4600 BTU per hour
Electric Fireplace Insert Reviews for 2013 – First Place
Dimplex DFI2310 Electric Fireplace Deluxe 23-Inch Insert:
The Dimplex 23″ electric fireplace insert was our pick for best model this year. Its ease of use and installation, excellent fire effects, heating capability, and heating efficiency are all considered best in class for the price.
Some of its key features are listed below:
- 1500-watt electric fireplace insert with patented flame technology and remote control
- Easy to install into an existing fireplace opening; plugs into a standard household outlet
- Built-in fan-forced heater distributes heat evenly and quietly
- Full heat, half heat or flame only for 4-season enjoyment
Copyright Electric Fireplace Insert Reviews 2011-2013
Related articles & Information:
Wikipedia Electric Fireplace Info